Ever wondered how image urls are build?
The highlighted parts are:
- Base media path (media/catalog/product)
- Store ID
- Type of image (see attribute)
- Size of image as WIDTHxHEIGHT. In above case WIDTHx uses the aspect ratio to calculate the second (smaller) side
- MD5 of image parameters (see Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Image::setBaseFile for details).
- First char of filename
- Second char of filename
The last three parts are the filename of the original image relative to media/catalog/product.
Things to remember:
- The hash code is generated using image parameters => The same parameters will generate the same hash code.
- The hash code does not contain any random data
- The hash code does not contain the filename